Polling locations will be open on Election Day from 7:00AM to 8:00PM on November 3, 2015. In order to be eligible to receive an absentee ballot, an absentee ballot application must be received by November 2, 2015 at noon.
The application is for use by Boston residents who are citizens of the United States and who are registered voters that will be unable to vote at their polling location due to:
- absence from the city during normal polling hours; or
- physical disabilities preventing travel to polling locations; or
- religious beliefs and practices;
Non-registered voters who are:
- absent from the city; or
- active members of the armed forces or merchant marines (or their spouse or dependent); or
- those confined in a correctional facility or a jail, except if by reason of a felony conviction
Eligible constituents are allowed the option to receive an absentee ballot for all elections taking place in a given year or a specific election that they will not be able to attend, but may want to vote in. The application must be renewed annually.
Absentee votes can be submitted to the Election Department by mail or hand delivery; however, they must be received by 8:00PM on November 3, 2015. Absentee voting can also be done in person by coming to the Election Department, however the deadline for in person voting is noon on November 2, 2015. Please contact the department for further details on the various methods and requirements of absentee voting.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cityofboston.gov/elections/vote/absentee.asp or call (617)635-3767. For questions on absentee ballots, please call (617)635-2211.