The Commission will hold its next public hearing virtually on Tuesday, May 24, at 4 p.m.
Please note: This hearing will be held virtually and not in person. To participate, please go to our Zoom Meeting link or call 301-715-8592 and enter meeting ID 868 5568 4302 #. You can also email comments through email at [email protected].
Public testimony begins at 4:00pm
1. Design Review – 4:00pm 22.1078.0229 – Charles River Esplanade, Boston, MA: The Esplanade Association, in partnership with DCR and Volunteers Incorporating Black Excellence, Inc., proposes an electrical box mural installation project at four locations to help prevent new graffiti on the Esplanade and provide opportunities for four local artists.
22.1091.0005– Boston Public Garden, Boston MA: At sidewalk along Charles Street replace existing street light pole with DAS Node.
22.1092.0005– Boston Public Garden, Boston MA: Keenan Brinn: At sidewalk along Charles Street replace existing street light pole with DAS Node.
22.1195.0275 – Ayer Mansion, 395 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston MA: Renovate existing rooming house for conversion to a single family home. Proposed work includes: demolition of non-historic interior partitions; at the Vestibules remove non-historic plaster and restore historic finishes; at the Marble Hall remove non-historic passage door to 397 Commonwealth Avenue, restore finishes and re-paint painted surfaces; at the Drawing Room (Parlor) replace non-original wall coverings and restore historic finishes; at the Stair to Hall, Hall and Staircase restore historic finishes; at Mrs. Ayer’s Chambers remove west wall and non-original chandelier; and at the Breakfast Room remove non-original west wall and reactivate existing altered fireplace.
22.1087.0269 – 16 Howe Street, Dorchester, MA: Renovate existing house and construct an addition.
2. Administrative Review/Approval 22.1193.0173 Allston Depot, 15 Franklin Street (a/k/s 353 Cambridge Street) Allston, MA: At south façade remove non-historic vestibule enclosure at east entrance and erect new enclosure at west entrance.
22.1136.0216 Arlington Street Church, 351 Boylston Street, Boston MA: Repoint and repair masonry; reconstruct south stair and install new handrails; restore portico watertable; restore east railing; restore selected wood windows and install storm windows on selected windows; restore east and west wood cornice; restore front east entry door; replace south gutter and downspout in-kind; replace bird netting.
22.1190.0061 Parker House Hotel, 60-74 Tremont Street, Boston, MA: At south elevation repoint and repair masonry, replace missing sealants and replace deteriorated steel lintels.
22.1121.0216 Our Lady of Presentation School, 640 Washington Street, Brighton, MA: Repoint and repair masonry.
3. Business Hearing – 6:00pm 1. Discussion and Vote on Design Review Applications.
2. Demolition Delay Hearing: 25 Bentley Street Brighton, MA
Application # 22.507D2885
Applicant: Mikhail Deychman
Review of proposed demolition of the existing house and garage at 25 Bentley Street, Brighton, MA.
3. BLC vote on survey rating upgrade – Keith House 1911 Centre Street, West Roxbury, MA
4. Preliminary hearing for petition #286.22 Keith House 1911 Centre Street, West Roxbury, MA
5. Annual Meeting – Election of Chair and Co-Chair
6. Review and ratification of public hearing minutes from 5/10/2022.
7. Staff Updates
Projected Adjournment: 7:30 p.m.