This is a brief overview of construction operations and impacts for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project. MassDOT will provide additional notices as needed for high-impact work and changes to traffic configurations beyond those described below.
• Concrete placement at the east bike barrier in the northern approach (Charlestown workzone)
• Install rebar for the bike barrier
• Install electrical boxes in the location of the bike barrier
• Install drainage pipe on piers in the Warehouse spans adjacent to Charles River Ave
• Most work will be done during weekday daytime hours (6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
For everyone using the temporary bridge, please help share the space: walk to the right, walk bikes, and be mindful of people coming from both directions, if walking in a large group.
Drivers should take care to pay attention to all signage and move carefully through the work zone. Police details, lane markings, temporary barriers, traffic cones, signage, and other tools will be used to control traffic and create safe work zones.
The Tudor Wharf Walkway (under the bridge next to the water in Paul Revere Park) will be intermittently closed for safety during construction operations, with access provided via the Water Street underpass. The Boston Harborwalk under the bridge and eastern/harborside bridge sidewalk remain closed until rebuilt.
For your awareness, the following events are scheduled during this look-ahead period:
• Events: 8/10 at 7:30 p.m. and 8/13 at 7:00 p.m.