The Construction Look-Ahead for the North Washington St. Project through October 28 Is posted.
The scheduled work is as follows:
• Installation of bridge lighting
• Installation of architectural trellis
• Waterproofing of bridge deck
• Paving of bridge deck
• Off-bridge approach barrier, curb, and sidewalk work
• Off-bridge utility work and cutovers to permanent bridge
• Most work will be done during weekday daytime hours (6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
• The MassDOT-implemented contraflow pilot will continue to be in effect during evening peak traffic (3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.), Monday through Friday.
• Police details, lane markings, temporary barriers, traffic cones, signage, and other tools will be used to control traffic during set up and operation of the contraflow.
For everyone using the temporary bridge, please help share the space: walk to the right, walk bikes, and be mindful of people coming from both directions, if walking in a large group.
Drivers should take care to pay attention to all signage and move carefully through the work zone. Police details, lane markings, temporary barriers, traffic cones, signage, and other tools will be used to control traffic and create safe work zones.
The Tudor Wharf Walkway (under the bridge next to the water in Paul Revere Park) will be intermittently closed for safety during construction operations, with access provided via the Water Street underpass. The Boston Harborwalk under the bridge and eastern/harborside bridge sidewalk remain closed until rebuilt.
The contractor is coordinating with the TD Garden and local police to provide awareness and manage traffic impacts during events. For your awareness, the following TD Garden events are scheduled during this look-ahead period:
• BRUINS: 10/26 at 7 p.m. and October 28 at 7 p.m.
• CELTICS: October 27 at 7:30 p.m.
• OTHER EVENTS: October 18 at 8 p.m., October 19 at 7:30 p.m., October 20 at 7:30 p.m., and October 21 at 7 p.m.
How can I find more information?
Stay up-to-date and informed by following the @MassDOT twitter account and Mass 511 for real-time updates, visiting the project website, or emailing us with any questions.